HIPAA Risk Assessment/Meaningful Use Security Auditing
More than almost any other business, Health Care Organizations need to make sure they are doing everything they can to ensure the security of their networks. From a strong line of defense against outside attacks using firewalls and intrusion detection systems, to the latest and most effective antivirus systems. At Las Vegas Med I.T. we have experience with the special needs of healthcare and we can help you make sure your network is as secure as possible.
Starting September 23rd, 2013, the new/updated HIPAA Rules went into effect. Practices and their Business Associates must have a HIPAA Risk Assessment completed and a. I.T. Policy and Procedures Manual developed and in place. Let Las Vegas Med I.T assist your organization with a Risk Assessment and Manual Development. Our consultants can help protect you from the stiff penalties that can be assessed for non-compliance or “Willful Neglect”.
Additionally, practices that have attested for Meaningful Use of an EHR must have a Meaningful Use Security Assessment before the attestation.
Let Las Vegas Med I.T. conduct an assessment and assist with any remediation required to avoid potential penalties.
EHR System Selection/Replacement Support
Las Vegas Med I.T. assists practices with the evaluation and selection of EHR Systems. Whether you are selecting your first EHR, or trying to replace an inefficient, non-supported or un-certified system, our staff will help you narrow down the solution that is right for your practice.
Some of the benefits of moving to an EHR:
- Improved patient documentation
- Enhanced workflow efficiencies
- An End to the great Chart Hunt!
- Secure, remote access to patient records
- Better coding and charge capture
- Point-of-care access and communication of patient data
- Increased doctor and patient satisfaction
- Enhanced clinical decision support and guidelines
- Easier regulatory and reimbursement reporting
- Increased revenue
- A direct link to hospitals and other care providers
- Labs integrated into electronic workflow
- Patient Portal that enables secure communications, paperwork completion and bill payments.
Questions that come up?
- Cloud or Server Based?
- If Cloud, is Remote Desktop or Web Based the right solution for me?
- Data Backup Options
- Paper to EHR workflow
- Workflow Re-Engineering
- Are we HIPAA Compliant?
- Is our EHR vendor the right one for the long run?
- Remote Access and Internet Speed considerations
Our Staff has experience working with Health Fusion (MediTouch), Nexgen, Greenway, eClinicalWorks, Altapoint, Glostream, Practice Fusion, AllScripts, Amazing Charts, AdvancedMD, Kareo, McKesson, ChiroTouch and many others.
Call 702-553-3200 to schedule a consultation today.