by Leo Bletnitsky
If you upgraded your PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you may find that many Microsoft Office Documents give you errors when you try to open them. This includes Microsoft Word and Excel.
There is a very easy fix for this.
Following the steps below should resolve your issue:
- Click the Start Button and type CMD
- At the top of the pop up window, you should see “command prompt”, right click on it and choose “Run as administrator”
- If you get a Account Control Pop Up, please click “Yes” to allow the action above.
- A Command Prompt should appear.
- At the Command Prompt type or paste the following command and hit the Enter Key: icacls “%programfiles%\Microsoft Office 15″ /grant *S-1-15-2-1:(OI)(CI)RX
- Your Issue should now be resolved. If you still have a problem then do a repair installation from “Programs” in the “Control Panel”